Access to the Site
This Agreement grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to access the Site for your own personal use. You may not sub-license your rights to a third party, and this license does not extend to any collection, aggregation, copying, duplication, display or derivative use of the Site nor any use of data mining or similar data gathering and extraction tools for any purpose unless expressly permitted by Sleep Junkie. A limited exception is provided to general purpose internet search engines and non-commercial public archives that use such tools to gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to this Site, provided they each do so from a stable IP address or range of IP addresses using an easily identifiable agent.
To create an account on the Site, you must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, you must obtain parental consent before obtaining access to the Site.
From time to time the Site may be inaccessible or inoperable for any reason, including, without limitation: (i) equipment malfunctions; (ii) periodic maintenance procedures or repairs which Sleep Junkie may undertake from time to time; or (iii) causes beyond the control of Sleep Junkie or which are not reasonably foreseeable by Sleep Junkie.
You must not:
- Republish material from sleepjunkie.org
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from sleepjunkie.org
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from sleepjunkie.org
- Redistribute content from Sleep Junkie (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
The materials on the Site, and the Site as a whole, are intended solely for your personal, noncommercial use. You may not reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works of, sell or participate in any sale of, or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the intellectual property on the Site, the Site as a whole, or any related software without the prior written permission of Sleep Junkie or the owner of that intellectual property. Further, you may not frame any of the Site content, deep-link to the Site, trespass or scrape the Site with automated agents without prior written consent of Sleep Junkie.
Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data (“Comments”) in areas of the website. Sleep Junkie does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of Sleep Junkie, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Sleep Junkie shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss, cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy;
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant to Sleep Junkie a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the websites of other listed businesses; and
- Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our website.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
For any questions about this policy, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your name, your organization’s name, your contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our website, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link.
Use of Sleep Junkie’s logo or other artwork are allowed only if those hyperlink back to the original asset on our site.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our website.
Reservation of Rights
Removal of Links From Our Website
If you find any link on our Site or any linked website objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
Limited Warranty/Disclaimer of Liability
Sleep Junkie makes no representations or warranties as to the truth or accuracy of any information or opinions presented on the Site. Although the Site may provide guidance on various product features, it does not guarantee the usability or functionality of those features at any given time, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of those product descriptions.
This Site and its contents are provided “as is” without warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including without limitation any warranty as to the accuracy, availability, completeness, reliability, title, currency or content of any information or material provided by or through this site, and the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Your use of the Site is at your sole risk. You assume full responsibility for all costs associated with your use of the Site, and that Sleep Junkie shall not be liable for any damages of any kind related to your use of the Site.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SLEEP JUNKIE, OR ANY DIRECTOR, OFFICER, EMPLOYEE, LICENSOR, DISTRIBUTOR, SUPPLIER, AGENT, RESELLER, OR OPERATOR OF THE SITE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SITE, (V) ANY VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (VI) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
We also reserve the right, at any time, to: change or discontinue any content or feature of the Site or any services or products made available through the Site without notice; and/or offer opportunities to some or all users of the Site. You agree that we will not be liable for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site or of any service, content, feature or product offered through the Site. Your continued use of the Site after such changes will indicate your acceptance of such changes.
From time to time, in our sole and absolute discretion, without any notice or liability to you, we may change, move or delete portions or features of the Site, or we may add new areas or features to the Site.
The Site may contain content supplied by parties other than Sleep Junkie. Any advertisements, solicitations, opinions, advice, judgments, statements or other information or content expressed or made available by such third parties, are those of the respective author(s) and not of Sleep Junkie. We make no guarantees as to the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any content or service provided, nor its merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Sleep Junkie is not responsible for the actions or inactions of any users of the Site, including the viability, usefulness, durability, or functionality of any Comments on the Site.
General Conduct On The Site
The Site is intended to be used for lawful purposes only. If you create an account, you may be given the opportunity to post, transmit or otherwise make available information, opinions, ideas, images or other content on the Site. We reserve the right, but we do not have the obligation to remove any content posted on our site for any reason. Decisions as to whether content violates our standards will be made in our sole discretion after we have actual notice of such posting. Without limiting our rights hereunder, we have attempted to provide guidelines to those posting on our site. When using the Site:
You may not post or transmit any material or content on or through the Site:
- that violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others;
- that discloses private personally identifying information of another person that could lead to identity theft;
- that discloses health related information of another person;
- that discloses confidential, proprietary information or trade secrets;
- that solicits, encourages, or promotes the use of illegal substances or activities;
- which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, derogatory, constitutes invasion of privacy or publicity rights, is fraudulent or tortious, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, bigoted or hateful, intimidating, profane, scandalous, indecent or otherwise objectionable;
- that is protected by the copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights of anyone other than you;
- that expresses or implies that any statements you make are endorsed, sponsored, or approved of by us or affiliated with us, without our prior written consent; or
- that gives rise to civil or criminal liability, encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense or otherwise violates any local, state, or federal law.
You may not post or transmit on or through the Site:
- software or other materials that contain viruses or other programs harmful or disruptive to the Site or other websites;
- chain letters; mass mailings; spam mail; or
- any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or its contents.
You may not:
- offer any services on the Site that you are not properly licensed to perform;
- misrepresent who you are or impersonate another person;
- engage in any activity on the Site that restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Site such as “hacking,” “hijacking,” “cracking,” “spoofing,” or defacing any portion of the Site;
- harvest or collect information about Site visitors or Registered Users without their express consent;
- use the Site to defame, abuse, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others or for any fraudulent purpose;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any photo or video or portion of any photo or video on the Site or any portion of, use of, or access to the Site;
- create a database by systematically downloading and storing Site content;
- frame or mirror any part of the Site without our prior written consent; or
- interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sleep Junkie and its directors, officers, employees, agents and shareholders, and defend any action brought against us or them with respect to any claim, demand, cause of action, debt or liability, including but not limited to reasonable costs and attorneys’ fees, arising out of the use of the Site, or the violation of any of the provisions of this Agreement, by you or anyone accessing our Site under your account.